“Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.”–Dale Carnegie
Getting Your Life Right Is Part Of The Formula For A Successful Business & Career
Of the thousands of people we’ve trained and coached, the life component has proven time and time again to be a vital part for maximizing a person’s potential in their life, business, and career. Regardless of how things might be going, the reality is that major challenges lie ahead for all of us. We can’t escape that fact. Do you need help in any of the following areas (personal or business)?
- Setting Priorities
- Controlling Your Time
- Your Attitude
- Creating More Focus
- Making Better Choices
- Dealing With Problems
- Letting Go of the Past
- Believing in Yourself
- Overcoming Negativity in Yourself (or Others)
- Personal Organization
- Learning To Risk
- Having Vision
- Creating More Energy
- Dealing With Change
- Making Commitments
- Improving Your Skills
- Overcoming Fear
- Expressing Yourself
- Finding Your Passion
- Creating More Motivation
- Keeping Your Life in Balance
- Building Self-Confidence
- Finding Your Talents
- Better Patience
- Building Your Character
- Having Courage
- Creating Enthusiasm
- Having Perseverance
- Better Health
- Weight Control
“Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the wonderful and positive changes you have made possible in my husband’s (and my) life. In the first few short meetings he has attended with you I have seen and felt many great changes. I have watched our lives change from our family rotating and working around our business to our business rotating and working around us. I am much happier (as are Matt and the kids). Thank you for giving me my husband back.”
—Krystal K., spouse of Matt K., Business Owner, Nebraska
What Are Your Personal and Business GAPS?
Your “GAP” is the distance between where you are now (your current reality) and where you truly want to be (your ideal future). Everyone has GAPS.
Steps To Narrow or Eliminate Your GAPS
- ACKNOWLEDGE the good, bad, and ugly REALITY of your current circumstances
- Get ABSOLUTE CLARITY on the FUTURE YOU DESIRE
- CREATE your PRIORITY MANAGEMENT & ACTION PLAN
- CREATE the right MENTAL PROGRAMMING
- LEARN and DEVELOP MENTAL TOUGHNESS SKILLS
- INCREASE your EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
- BE ACCOUNTABLE to yourself and your peers
Can you close your GAPS on your own? Maybe…but most business owners, professionals, executives, managers, and people are simply too busy to slow down, reflect, face reality, and map out the changes they want (or need) to make in order to turn their ideal future into their reality. And many lack the discipline, process, and on-going accountability required to make the transformation.
How Do You Want To Spend Your Remaining Time In This World?
Business and Life are about choices and consequences. How much time do you have left? None of us know how much time we have left. Top performers are keenly aware that the clock is ticking. Just like the sand in the hourglass, the sand in the bottom represents the past. It’s over. The sand in the top represents the time left to accomplish life’s purpose. And it’s depleting every second. You can’t invest it or buy more of it. You can only spend it.
“This night I just came back from having a wonderful time with my wife. We had an evening without stress where we were able to enjoy each others’ company to the fullest. I believe that we were able to accomplish this because I have been able to achieve a better balance in my life. It has not always been easy. This process that we have begun has started me on a journey towards lasting balance and realization of my goals. The process so far has helped me to see a 50% increase in my sales. But the biggest benefit for me is that I am achieving balance having wonderful evenings with my wife.”
—Matthew F., Franchise Business Owner, Virginia
Be Brutally Honest As You Answer These Questions
- What are your core values?
- What’s most important to you in life?
- Do you have a personal life vision?
- What do you truly want for your life?
- Where is your life out of balance?
- Do you know your life’s purpose?
- What relationships need more of your attention?
- Do you ever feel overwhelmed and frustrated?
- Are you working more hours each week than you want to?
- Have you faced the good, bad, and ugly reality of your life?
- Do you want more personal time and freedom to do the things you enjoy?
- How large are the business & life gaps between your current reality and the desired future that’s in your heart and soul?
- Are you truly living your life in accordance with your top priorities, values, and the things you say are most important?
- If you were diagnosed with an incurable disease and had only six months to live, what would you do differently?
- Do you reactively handle urgent matters instead of those that are most important?
Top Five Regrets Of The Dying
What would your biggest regret be if this was your last day of life? Bronnie Ware, an Australian palliative care nurse, cared for patients in the last 12 weeks of their lives. She recorded their dying epiphanies and witnessed the phenomenal clarity of vision that people gain at the end of their lives. The top five regrets they told her were:
- I wish I’d had the courage to live a life to myself, not the life others expected of me.
- I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
- I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
- I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
- I wish that I had let myself be happier.
We have the training and coaching tools that will enable you to maximize your true business and personal potential. One of those tools is to make sure your life is hitting on all cylinders, balanced, and enjoyable. Life is a roller coaster that we all ride. From this very moment until the second we take our last breath, we will all face the ups and downs of life. No one escapes it. When sailing in blue skies, it’s only a matter of time before we must go through the next storm. To ignore the impact that life has on your business success is malpractice. While our focus remains on maximizing your potential in your business and career, we must address the necessary critical life issues and challenges. In some cases, getting life in balance and under control can prove to be one of the most important components in maximizing performance and potential.
“I wanted to let you know what a profound impact the coaching process has had on my personal life. I have more time for my wife who is starting to feel valued again. As a result, we are experiencing more closeness as a couple and our relationship is benefiting. My home life is improving. The reality is that I’m starting to enjoy my job more and my personal life is becoming more rewarding. I am a fan of your process and I look forward to our future retreats.”
—Justin T., Senior Executive, Nebraska
CLICK HERE and send a LinkedIn connection request to connect with Mark Eldridge, Founder and CEO of Think. Focus. Act.
For profitable expansion of your business and career, contact Think. Focus. Act. at 402-881-8873.
For additional testimonials please click here.